Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Egg #2: Grouchy Painty Dude

Egg #2 is a member of the Painty Ten, a series of little odd-looking characters who… paint, I guess. They come in about three pieces and snap together pretty easily, with the white antler/horn looking things popping through the back of the head to insert the eyes into their sockets.


The antlers attach to the antlers of other characters so they can all be joined together and severely limited in mobility and freedom!


This guy, Bronto, is kind of crotchety and unapproachable looking. Every fictional group of characters (Smurfs, Dwarves, et cetera) always have a crabby character so maybe he's it. It'll be interesting to see if I get the entire set over the course of the project.

UPDATE! It turns out that these guys are not made of plastic, they're made of hard wax! So they colour just like crayons. Which is why they're called the Painty Ten and the illustration shows them leaving colour behind. You have to press kind of hard and it would be a shame to destroy them for the sake of art, but there you have it. THEY'RE CRAYONS!

UDPATE #2! I got off my butt and translated the German on the paper that describes Bronto a bit. Here's what it says:

"And of course, this is also not missing weig disgruntled curmudgeon. Bronto sees it as his task to remind the other Paintys through permanent Norgeln fact that life is not just about pleasure."

Life is hardship. Especially if you're a crayon.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!

    I dunno wtf these things are.. but it looks like fun and the Smurf reference just clicked with me even though I would have followed your daily examinations of polished turds (should that have been your chosen pursuit). ;)

    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didja see my update? They're made of wax and you can actually colour with them! Isn't that bizarre? And who doesn't love Kinder Eggs? Essie already broke into a small stash of them in the bedroom where I was taking some pictures and claimed a member of the Painty Ten for herself. She figured out you could colour with them on her own so she's officially more clever than her mama.

      Delete
  2. So have you stumbled upon Kinder Eggs that are exclusively stuffed with finger puppets? I thought they were quite-dependably stocked with little random plastic toys?

    I'm sure colouring with them greatly diminishes their cuteness. ;) Picturing Smurfs with road rash deformities.

    ReplyDelete