Egg #119 is the first I've gotten in a little series of jumping critters. This is a very cute toy and even though there are no names or descriptions included with the paper it's still a good Kinder surprise and that makes up for it a bit. My daughter has had similar toys that work by pressing down on the rear end of the creature (usually a frog) until it slips out from under your finger and makes it hop.
This one appears to be a cricket of some type. Maybe a Jerusalem cricket? Unlike a real Jerusalem cricket this one is cute and appealing and happy looking. It snapped together in a very simple manner and I hope I get a few more in the series.
Maybe my likes/dislikes when it comes to the toys seem pretty arbitrary to some of you. This one makes me happy because it requires assembly and performs a neat little trick. So you get a product you were involved in finishing and then it does something amusing for you as a result of your work. If it had come all in one piece it wouldn't have been as fun.



Asad Zaman
ReplyDelete