Egg #61 was one of the trickiest to assemble so far but one of the most impressive once assembled. Also pretty damn creepy! I'm afraid of spiders (like any sane person) and so this one kind of crosses the line from neat toy to realistically phobia-triggering. It's a spider figure with legs that move in a pretty convincing manner if there's a little breeze or movement.
I want to say the hardest part of assembly was the legs, but the way the moving legs attach to the weighted part inside the body was really fiddly so let's just say the whole thing was a pain. Also the legs come in one piece but they're jointed in the middle so they can fold up in the egg capsule. The way they join means you have to twist them once you put the peg of the lower leg half into the hole of the upper leg half to minimize the loop of plastic joining them. Two of the legs had loose pegs so they'd just untwist and disconnect every time I tried.
That's why in these pictures she's a six-legged spider, as two of her legs were in the process of waiting for their glue to dry. Honestly these pictures give the full impression, pretty much. Maybe later when I'm less burned out on picture taking I'll update them.
I'm very fascinated by this one and will probably at some point have it sitting on my desk as some form of aversion therapy or something.



No comments:
Post a Comment