Saturday, January 19, 2013

Egg #69: Bugs And Baked Goods

Egg #69 is yet another from the BugsAction series! This time it is Puntu from Team Orange with cute little wings and an expression like it's just eaten something delicious (or possibly hungering for the flesh of its opponents) which is SO APPROPRIATE considering the rest of this post.


Like last time I find myself with very little to say about this toy. Cute, probably fun when you have a few kids playing with them together but on their own just a spinning top.



SO! I have another Kinder-related activity to show you; a Kinder Egg Brownie recipe that I found. Today I messed up the kitchen so that I could (virtually) share them with you.

In order to make this recipe you have to save up the chocolate from more than a few Kinder Eggs. This was not a problem for me as I have been buying Canadian eggs for the project to use at a later date so have had the chocolate piling up in some sandwich bags for a bit. The recipe requires 8oz (one cup) of it so if that thought is daunting I think that Kinder Chocolate Bars would be a good substitute.


Anyhow, I had this bag of chocolate and I smashed it up and melted it, then followed THIS RECIPE to make the brownies. Go and read the writeup and get the recipe if you're interested!

Here are my finished brownies:



I probably should have given them about five more minutes in the oven and I had already gone five minutes beyond what the recipe calls for as the maximum but I love my brownies to be really gooey. Plus after they cooled down they firmed up a lot while still having a pretty crackly top.

These were good. Not the best brownie I've ever had but really very good and I'd eat them again. There was a definite Kinder chocolate taste and weren't too sweet.

2 comments:

  1. OK -- so I have been reading this blog for 69 episodes and this is the first I knew that chocolate is involved. For those of us whose kinder predate kinder eggs, would you please explain what's with the chocolate? does the toy come inside the chocolate? or what??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see I need to add a major portion to my About page! I'm so sorry I haven't made all this clearer before. I know they're illegal in the US but I was sure I'd mentioned the chocolate at least!

      Basically it's a hollow chocolate egg with a yellow capsule inside. The capsule contains the crazy toy. Here's the Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise

      I think I'll do a page where I open an egg from start to finish so it's less confusing. Thank you, Kathy!

      Delete