Egg #86 disappointed me when I opened it. It's one of a series that the EGG WORLD guy got and his experience with them was underwhelming so I was pre-prejudiced. It's a little plastic animal (in this case a zebra) with enormous paper ears that are curved. When it's assembled you're supposed to throw it and the propeller-style ears will ostensibly allow it to spin as it descends.
I tested this and will attest that yes; the toy will spin as it plummets. The problem is that since the body is made of tough plastic and the ears are flimsy paper it falls fast and so the experience is brief. You have to throw it high and far in order to see it behave as advertised.
The saving grace of this one specifically is that the zebra? Is damn cute. Just look at him! So happy and adorable. I'm tempted to make a normal pair of ears to stick in the ear slot and just have him stand around on my desk and keep me company.
Also the assembly is very straightforward and idiot-proof, so that's a plus.



He looks like Brian from Family Guy. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're right! It's Brian cosplaying as a furry. ;)
Delete