Egg #87 is the first toy that I encountered that had been obviously pre-assembled. I'd had some suspicions before this one that some of the toys had been taken out and at least partly assembled, but this one was definitely pre-loved. I wasn't even 100 percent sure it was a Kinder toy but some research found a few similar in the same number series. I'm not sure why the mirror dude seems a little oddly Uncle Sammish but that's how he comes across with the hat and stars and stripes. He and his bug friend are reflecting each other in their mirrors.
It's an odd Kinder Toy no matter what. It's a hippo/ape cross (I think? That head with those bald extremities [toes and fingers included]) who is holding a mirror and on the back is a kind of clip so that you can wear the thing on your shirt. The problem that I encountered was that the mirror had a plastic film over it and whoever had pre-assembled this for me had neglected to take the plastic film off. You can kind of tell in the above picture that the blue-tinted film is still attached. The mirror snaps in in such a way that it's not supposed to be taken back out. I tried tearing the film out but it just tore and looked raggedy so I had to very carefully force the mirror out using a pair of tweezers as a lever.
Then I got to reassemble it, at least!



EFE
ReplyDelete