Sunday, December 2, 2012

Egg #21: Possibly Headache Inducing

Egg #21 is a very weird optical illusion-based toy. You click together the two base pieces and put the black and white spiral sticker on that. Then you spin it though it's hard to get a really good spin going since it sits very low against whatever surface it's on. You're supposed to stare at it while it's spinning, and after a little while you quickly look at the blue monster that came with it. Depending on which direction you spun the thing the monster either looks like he's growing or shrinking.

Sorry this picture is so blurry. I thought I had taken more than one but apparently not.

It does actually work, though not as impressively as the illustration makes you think it's going to and it fades quickly. Perhaps I did not stare at it as long as I should have.


The best part, though, are the illustrations on the instructions. I love the eyeballs staring back and forth at the monster and toy. And it kind of amuses me that the monster portion of the toy is not really meant to be played with so much. He's just supposed to stand there, blowing your mind.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic journey, I like what I've seen, will keep an eye out for more.

    ReplyDelete