Egg #46 is my first in what appears to be a disappointing series. There is no text or backstory included on the paper; just a bunch of little plastic monsters holding signs that seem to tell what they're thinking or feeling or wishing at the moment… maybe. I can't really tell what's going on. This is even worse than the self-portrait-holding dinosaurs.
This guy comes in a couple of pieces that you snap together, and you have to put the sticker on the board he's holding. There was no reason for the monster to require assembly of any sort beyond making the kid (or crabby adult) who opens it feel like they're assembling a Kinder Toy because that's the expectation.
Can you tell I'm grumpy about this? I am. There's a real contrast between this and a toy like the sneaky snakes or even the weird head-popping audience members. These are made to sit on surfaces of varied shapes; edges, curves, maybe other kinds. They're limited in their scope for play for little kids. They. Just. Sit there. Holding signs.
Where is the fun in that? I hope I'm missing something here.




No comments:
Post a Comment