Egg #23 is in the same series as the bee from Egg #3. More Open-air am Wiesenrand! This time it's a little caterpillar playing a stringed instrument on top of a mushroom. Assembly was super-fast and easy, really. I guess the most difficult part was lining up the holes in the red mushroom piece with the dots in the white mushroom piece and that wasn't very hard at all.
He's definitely singing in an upward direction. Kind of awkwardly up and tilted back. It makes it easy for us humans to see his little face without getting down on his level but if you're another bug celebrating with him he's being weirdly antisocial.
'Nach der Musik des Wiesen musikanten tanzt die Elfe' translated to 'After the music of the meadow musikanten punched the elf'. Oh. My goodness. I assumed maybe this caterpillar's name is musikanten and he's upset with an elf. This toy series could get a LOT more exciting! Of course 'tanzt' without the last 't' translates to 'dance' so it might just be that he danced with the elf. Perhaps I should give him the benefit of the doubt.
Oktoberfest is called 'die Wiesn' in Germany which I did not know.



No comments:
Post a Comment