Egg #42 introduces us to Chacka Jun, the Samurai Of Nature. Or so that is what his little paper tells us. He is basically like a lego figure who can accessorize from a simple, white-wearing dude in a red bandana into a Samurai wearing an animal-head helmet and wielding a staff/shield combo.
He's a pretty cool toy. There's a whole series of them and I assume you can interchange their outfits and weapons. His staff can clip to his back or be carried in his hands. I love his expression, too. He's confident and obviously enjoys being a Samurai of Nature!
I was curious about his weapon and so tried looking up samurai weapons. They didn't appear to use anything like what he has and I couldn't actually find any evidence anywhere of a staff with an attached shield in the middle. That surprised me because it kind of seems like a good idea but what do I know about ancient weaponry? Just what I've seen on Xena.




Love yer blog, Keltie!
ReplyDeleteThe staff's probably supposed to be a jo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jō which we sometimes use in aikido weapons training. At least that's what it looks like to me. No clue about the shield though. Hope this helps!