Sunday, April 28, 2013

Egg #166: BEARCUPINE!

Egg #166 is another new series. This time it's called 'ABGEFAHRENER AFFENZIRKUS' which translates to 'FREAKY AFFENZIRKUS'. I was curious about what affenzirkus means since Google Translate didn't offer anything and after some digging around it seems that it's a reference to 19th century German traveling shows and refers to something that someone doesn't want to take part in any longer because they think it's a farce or charade.

Since this series depicts a traveling circus full of animals going for bumpy rides it seems to be going for a more literal 'get me off of this thing' translation, perhaps. I don't know. This is a completely unhinged-looking bear named Olaf Bärbeiss (which amusingly translates to 'Olaf Bearcupine') who seems to be hanging on for dear life while the flatbed train car he rides on rocks wildly.


This was very easy to assemble and gave me no trouble. It's definitely one of those toys which depends on the rest of the series to really reach its fun potential so I hope I get at least a few more of them.



16 comments: